Religious and Independent School Schedules
To maximize in-person instruction, we will consider measures that can be implemented to decrease density and congregation in school facilities and on school grounds, when possible, such as:
- Finding alternative spaces in the community to allow for more in-person instruction;
- Adjusting class or work hours, where appropriate and possible;
- Limiting in-person presence to only those staff who are necessary to be at the school during normal school hours;
- Maintaining or increasing remote workforce (e.g., administrative staff) to accommodate social distancing guidelines;
- Staggering schedules and allowing more time between classes to reduce congestion in hallways, walkways, and buildings
- Shifting design of class schedules to accommodate social distancing guidelines, including cohorts (e.g., alternative classroom schedules, full-time in-person learning for younger students, and part-time distance learning for older students).
Information about how school schedule information will be communicated to students, families and staff members is included here and on our website: smsaschool.org for SMSA reopening plan.